Is Phoenix Rising Acupuncture the Right Houston Acupuncture Clinic for You?
Let's face it, when it comes to finding the right Houston Acupuncture Clinic or Houston Acupuncturist for you, it may not be so easy. There are many things to take into consideration:
Is the practitioner qualified for the services and treatments you require? Not all acupuncturists are created equally. In fact, not all acupuncturists are licensed. These days, acupuncture is becoming more and more popular, and as this happens, more healthcare practitioners who never went to school for acupuncture are offering acupuncture in their clinical setting. Most commonly, these practitioners are chiropractors, physical therapists, and MDs. Often times, these practitioners have received no hands-on training to perform acupuncture on their own clients or patients, and many have only gone to a weekend course. Also, and this becomes tricky, they are re-naming acupuncture as "Medical Acupuncture" or "Dry Needling", claiming that using acupuncture needles to create a physiological response is not acupuncture because it is not working with "energy". This is incorrect and misleading to the general population. To understand how acupuncture really works, check out this 3 minute video clip. Bottom line, any time an acupuncture needle is used, it is acupuncture, regardless of what it has been named.
So, how do you determine whether your acupuncturist is indeed fully trained and qualified? All Licensed Acupuncturists in the state of Texas are credentialed with an LAc, and they have all completed a 3 to 5 year Master's or Doctorate at an accredited Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine post-graduate college. In addition, all Licensed Acupuncturists must pass 4 Texas Medical State Board Exams and 1 Juris Prudence Exam in order to attain their license. That's a lot of years and hours (over 3500) to be jammed into a weekend course for other non-licensed healthcare practitioners. So, to be safe, it is always best to go with the best qualified practitioner in the field, and if you want someone using acupuncture needles on you, then the most qualified is a Licensed Acupuncturist.
What is their specialty? Like I said, not all Licensed Acupuncturists are the same. Just like MDs, there are specialties within the field of acupuncture. Some of the common specialties include:
- Allergy (NAET)
- Cosmetic Acupuncture
- Sports Medicine/Trigger Point & Motor Point Therapy
- Esoteric Acupuncture
- Emotional Health
- Gynecology & Women's Health
- Internal Medicine
So, as you can see, although all Licensed Acupuncturists graduate with the same fundamental knowledge and training, it is not until they gain further advanced training and experience that they become specialized. For instance, you may be seeking pain relief. Sure, any acupuncturist can help alleviate pain, but not acupuncturists have experience in pain alleviating techniques as powerful as Tan's Balance Method or experience with Sports Medicine, where special techniques and tools are used for rehabilitation or recovery.
Do you feel comfortable in the healing setting? Do you prefer being one on one with the practitioner, or do you want an open room where you sit next to others who are also receiving acupuncture (community style)? Are you looking for a clinical setting, like a traditional doctor's office, or do you prefer a more spa-like environment? Are you seeking peace and quiet, away from the hustle and bustle of modern-day living, or do you not mind hearing kids and other patients in other rooms? (Ah, did you even think of any of this?)
Do you like your practitioner? Like many people in Houston seeking acupuncture for health concerns, this may be your first experience with acupuncture. So, it's important that you feel comfortable talking with your acupuncturist and feeling free to ask questions. Often times, patients come to see me as a last resort, and their past experiences with other healthcare practitioners have left them hopeless and frustrated. What I've learned as a practitioner is that when my patients feel heard and listened to, healing can truly begin.
Is Phoenix Rising Acupuncture the Right Houston Acupuncture Clinic for you?
Healing is our utmost goal at Phoenix Rising Acupuncture, and it takes both of us to help you get the best results possible. That means, it is your responsibility to take your own health into your hands. Are you ready? If you nod your head yes to the majority of these statements, then you've found the right Houston Acupuncturist...
- Your health is one of your top 3 priorities.
- You are seeking a private, quiet, welcoming retreat to decompress and recharge with each acupuncture session.
- You are eager to learn and implement new ways to help support your health.
- You are willing and able to invest a minimum of 60 minutes per week to acupuncture therapy.
- You are open to dietary and lifestyle modifications and herbal therapy.
- You believe that stress, modern-day living, or past or present trauma could be related to your current state of health.
- You are seeking long-term holistic wellness for mental, emotional, and physical health rather than looking for a quick fix or magic bullet.
- You feel stuck, stagnant, or paralyzed in your life, and are searching for a means to move forward, gain momentum, and reignite your creative spark.
- You believe that treating symptoms is only a "band aid" approach and is ineffective at attaining wellness.
- You are open to address past and current emotional situations or trauma which could be impacting your health.
- You are willing to address possible addictions (self-medicating, overeating, overworking, alcohol, etc.) that could be affecting your health.
- You are seeking a Houston Acupuncturist who is experienced in treating emotional health and dedicated to assisting you on your journey to wellness.
- You are seeking a Houston Acupuncturist who has advanced training in allergies, emotional health, pain management, cosmetic acupuncture, or cupping therapy.
- Your available times for treatment are compatible with Phoenix Rising Acupuncture's Office Hours.
Does Phoenix Rising Acupuncture sound like a good fit for you? If so, schedule today, and I look forward to joining you on your journey towards better health and happiness.