What is Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture?
Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture (Cosmetic Acupuncture)
Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture (also referred to as Cosmetic Acupuncture) is a safe, cost-effective, non-invasive, and natural way to help reverse the signs of aging. From a physiological perspective, “micro traumas” are produced by the insertion of tiny acupuncture needles, thereby stimulating collagen, elastin, and fibrinogen production. (You, know, those skin-plumping cells we had plenty of in our teens and twenties. wink. wink.) Stimulating the production of these cells helps bring back a more youthful appearance.
You've likely heard about it because stars, like Sandra Bullock, Gwyneth Paltrow, Madonna, and Kim Kardashian, are flocking to it. There's also a new craze on the scene that Chinese Medicine has used for centuries, Jade Rolling. Using a jade roller or flat jade stone, the skin can be soothed and sculpted. This is one of the techniques we use at Phoenix Rising Acupuncture for our facial rejuvenation clients.
The style of cosmetic acupuncture that is used at Phoenix Rising Acupuncture is a blend of several cosmetic acupuncture and facial rejuvenation methods that have proven to be most clinically effective. The gentle technique uses both acupuncture points and specific areas on the face, to help lift sagging skin, create a more defined jaw line, reduce the appearance of fine lines, soften deep wrinkles, and improve the overall tone and texture of the skin.
In addition to your cosmetic needs, other health related concerns can be addressed during your cosmetic acupuncture treatment.
A full course of treatment includes 10 cosmetic acupuncture treatments over the course of 5 weeks; thus, at least two 90-minute treatments per week yields the highest quality results. Cosmetic acupuncture treatments include facial acupuncture and a combination of any of the following:
- Photo/Light (LED) Therapy, used to help stimulate collagen production and clear acne.
- Facial Cupping, which helps sooth wrinkles and reduces swelling and inflammation in the eye area.
- Facial Gua Sha, a Traditional Chinese massage technique that helps smooth, soothe, and lift the skin for cosmetic results.
- Anti-aging herbal teas and tinctures are also available from the apothecary at Phoenix Rising Acupuncture.
Optimal results can typically last between 12 to 36 months; however, maintenance treatments are encouraged every 6 to 8 weeks for lasting results.
Are you a candidate for Cosmetic Acupuncture at Phoenix Rising Acupuncture?
- You are generally in good health
- You are searching for a healthy or more natural alternative for facial rejuvenation
- You have not received botox, fillers, or had cosmetic surgery in the past 6 to 8 months
- You are a non-smoker
- You do not suffer from chronic migraines or headaches
- You are not pregnant
- You are able to commit to twice weekly treatments for an estimated 6 weeks
- Your schedule for treatments is compatible with Phoenix Rising Acupuncture’s Office Hours
Want to schedule your facial rejuvenation acupuncture session with Phoenix Rising Acupuncture today? It's easy peasy.